Preparing for the Eye of the Storm
SERVPRO of Spartanburg County wants to make sure you and your family are prepared for this upcoming hurricane season. Here are some tips we recommend if you are prompted to evacuate your home this storm season.
- Make a plan; know your evacuation route.
- Trim trees and shrubbery surrounding your home.
- Check all windows, walls, foundation, and doors for water leaks.
- Take inventory and photos of household belongings
- Obtain a copy of your Homeowners Insurance Policy.
- Waterproof your policy documents and any important legal documents you are taking with you.
- Box up family photos or keepsakes that will stay behind and place them on a table or counter away from windows and doors as to stay away from water.
As always be prepared and be safe Spartanburg County.